May Offers Many Opportunities to Promote Awareness with a Lapel Pin!
In northern climates, the merry month of May means flowers begin reappearing in our gardens, the lawn needs a first cutting, windows get washed and we can ditch the heavy coats and boots. May also marks Mother’s Day and Memorial Day, a time for celebration and remembrance. But May also provides businesses, the healthcare industry and other institutions an opportunity to promote special events, raise awareness of serious illnesses and increase donations to help fight disease.
- Arthritis Awareness Month, Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month, Fibromyalgia Awareness Month, Skin Cancer Awareness Month, and Stoke Awareness Month all occur during May. Each of the causes use the month to build recognition and raise money for medical research by creating custom lapel pins.
- Healthy Vision Month reminds people to see their eye doctor and the profession as well as makers of eyeglass frames and contact lenses are known for handing out vision lapel pins during May.
- Businesses use Employee Health and Fitness Day to sponsor activities that gets their workers active and mark the day with a lapel pin or a participant medal.
- America celebrates its educators during Teacher Appreciation Week when school districts, colleges and universities across the land pay tribute to the men and women who prepare the next generation with a teacher appreciation pin.
- Asian-Pacific American Heritage Month honors the contribution of people who have enriched American culture over the centuries.
But the month isn’t entirely serious. Who doesn’t love a barbeque? May is when it’s time to fire up the grill and celebrate National Barbeque Month as businesses use a pin to remind people to buy everything from a new grill, a bag of charcoal and a package of hotdogs! At PinProsPlus, we work with businesses, medical groups, charities, and social service groups to help them build awareness, raise funds and honor individuals by using a custom lapel pin..
If you are involved in one of the many May events and would like to know more about the many different ways a custom pin can help build awareness or raise money, use our online form or call one of our helpful representatives at (801) 544-1005. We Will Help You Get PINspired!
May Awareness Events
Here is a complete list of all of the May causes and events being commemorated:
- Arthritis Awareness Month
- Asian-Pacific American Heritage Month
- Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month
- Employee Health and Fitness Day- Wednesday, May 20, 2020
- Fibromyalgia Awareness Month
- Healthy Vision Awareness Month
- Lupus Awareness Month
- Memorial Day- Monday, May 25, 2020
- Mental Health Awareness Month
- Mother’s Day- Monday, May 25, 2020
- National Barbecue Month
- Nurses Week- May 6, 2020 – May 12, 2020
- Skin Cancer Awareness Month
- Stroke Awareness Month
- Teacher Appreciation Week- May 5, 2020 – May 8, 2020
- Women’s Health Week- May 10, 2020 – May 16, 2020
- World No Tobacco Day- Sunday, May 31, 2020